The Next Step in The Evolution of AI Design
Autodesk® Gameware Navigation® is an artificial intelligence middleware providing automatic NavMesh generation, pathfinding, and path following in complex game environments. Character and obstacle avoidance, dynamic NavMesh, and swappable sectors are supported out-of-the-box. Gameware Navigation is designed to enable developers to create ambitious, more complex AI.
Gameware Navigation is the successor to Autodesk® Kynapse®, which has been used in the production of over 100 high-profile games, worldwide. Gameware Navigation is a complete re-engineering of Kynapse that improves the AI design experience in several significant ways:
- All new API and algorithm design for easier understanding and implementation.
- Completely re-designed runtime architecture increasing performance and efficiency.
- Ability to extend NavMesh using NavGraph and tagging with blind data.
- Extensible, remote visual debugging tools with record/playback functionality.
- Developers gain full source code access for complete transparency and customization.
“With Gameware Navigation, we have overhauled our existing AI technology to make the algorithms faster and more efficient, and the API more accessible and intuitive. The result will be a tool that is much faster and easier to use, so programmers can spend more time on high-impact areas of development like gameplay and design.”
Marc Petit, Sr. Vice President Media & Entertainment, Autodesk