A variety of fully functional UI kits have been created to demonstrate best practices and give developers a head-start on common use cases. These kits are fully customizable and can be used directly in games and/or applications to expedite development.
The Scaleform MMO Kit, designed for optimum performance and memory savings, provides an out-of-the-box UI framework for massively multiplayer online games. The kit includes CLIK-based interface elements as well as drag and drop, icon resource management, and data binding functionality. Developers can utilize this kit as a game ready solution with minimal customization or simply as a best practices guide when designing an MMO UI from the ground-up.
- Paper Doll – Including intelligent equipment management framework and character sheets showing equipment and stats.
- MiniMap – Dynamic terrain display providing player navigation.
- Spellbook – CLIK scrolling list and slots.
- Unit Frames – Displays game and target stats.
- Tooltips – Dynamically resizable framework with support for images and HTML text.
- Inventory – Drag and drop with bag containers.
- Action Bars – Customize abilities and hot keys with cool down support.
- Window Manager – Ability to launch various UI elements.
- Chat Log – Multiple channel chat window.
- Casting Bar – Supports interruptions during casting.
This kit demonstrates and fully documents how to create a full featured, AAA quality main menu for PC and console games. The Menu Kit shows best practices for developing splash screens which transitions into in-game content, managing screen resources and loading background data. It also shows how to stream video properly in menus as well as best practices for PC/console input handling with ActionScript 3 content.
The Scaleform HUD (Heads Up Display) Kit is a high performance, full-featured, AAA quality user interface kit that you can easily customize and drop into your game or application. The HUD Kit speeds the creation a high performance first-person shooter (FPS) UIs using the new Autodesk Scaleform Direct Access API. It can also be extended to create dynamic UIs for other game genres.
- Game Mini Map
- Animated Log of Game Events
- Scoreboard and Team Statistics
- Player Health / Ammo / Status
- Animated Pop-Up Notifications
- Experience and Rank Display
- Dynamic Reticule
- Directional Hit Indicator
- Objective Capture Indicators
- Billboards / Nameplates
- Player Text Notifications
Although this kit provides an out-of-the-box UI solution for any FPS game, you are not limited by the content provided. Instead, you can customize or extend individual elements of this kit to create new and innovative interfaces for any type of game or application.